Today is my two year anniversary at work. Time flies, so they say.
When I started, I was placed in the food cubicle. This was a cubicle that had been empty for over a year, so everyone used it for potluck lunches and treats. People would still come in with their pots of casserole over the lunch hour and say, “Oh, sorry. I didn’t know they put somebody in here.”
Here are some things I’ve learned in the office and around Dubuque:
1. Turkey & Dressing Sandwich=not so delicious bread sandwich.
2. Euchre is confusing beyond words
3. Words to live by in the office, “Don’t be an idiot.”
4. Reading can actually be fun.
5. Just because one earns a PhD, doesn’t mean that one has any common sense.
6. Treats can be vindictive to the waistline and the soul.
7. The fact that I can now relate to Dilbert cartoons is scary.
8. Probably the biggest lesson of the years: It’s not what people say; it’s what they do.