Prepare yourself for a lame post because it’s official…
my social life has waned.
Since the weather turned cold in Dubuque, I’ve been staying in most nights filling the void with…
1) creeping around Facebook.
2) dancing alone in my socks. Whether or not I sing depends on if I watch Glee that evening.
3) having deep, meaningful conversations with George, my heart-shaped philodendron.
4) watching Gilmore Girls, which I have checked out about a zillion times. I feel like I have to whisper an apology each time I check out the dvd’s.
I’m sorry, Carnegie-Stout Library Aide. Please don’t judge my intellect based on how many times I’ve seen the episode where Lorelei wears cutoff shorts and cowboy boots on Rory’s first day at Chilton. The Dubuque Carnegie-Stout Library has one of the best collections of dvd’s I’ve ever seen by the way.
5) cooking. It is my goal to try as many squash types as possible this fall. So far, I’ve made acorn, spaghetti, and butternut. Butternut squash is officially my favorite because it is sweet, rich, and absolutely hilarious. While peeling a butternut squash over my sink on Sunday, I could not stop giggling as it kept slipping out of my hands and I kept yelling Hold still, this will only take a minute.
That same immature giggling was also heard echoing near the Hy-Vee produce section last Friday night as I lifted one from the bin. Geez, that one is huge! Too much for me, thanks. The attractive guy sorting through pumpkins next to me ran off like a spooked deer. I can’t say I blame him.
‘Tis the season to be overtly phallic!