…just pass me the entire bottle.
Last night Team CE, Team MM, and AW came over for a little “siete de mayo” party (think cinco de mayo, but with less flair and more Sex and the City reruns). AW’s husband E also joined the group as our token male for the evening. He forgot his scrunchie; however, he brought booze so it was cool. As always, we drank and howled at the moon until the wee hours.
So, it was no surprise that I awoke this morning feeling like my brain had detached itself and was attempting escape from my body via my forehead. Then my mom called and my brain started using its nails.
Here’s how the rest of the day went:
1. I had a horrible nagging craving for an Egg McMuffin and a coffee. I went to McDonald’s in my pajama pants and indulged.
2. Next, I gathered up my old toaster oven from college, my microwave, and my 90’s cd player for e-recycling.
3. Dropped off said items at the recycling drive (Thank you for advertising the drive, Green Dubuque!) and since I felt like hell and smelled like day-old wine I figured I’d make a stop at the Dubuque Wal-Mart.
I desperately needed a new drying rack since it finally bit the dust last Tuesday, as you can see.
4. Arrived home and started cleaning out my “hallway to nowhere”. Then I had a thought, “I should really start using this hallway for a real purpose (a home for Blue? a laundry drying room? recycling? compost?).” My mind raced with possibilities. Suddenly, I was on my hands and knees ripping up the stanky carpet and throwing out everything I had tucked away in the space (I found about 30 screwdrivers because I always forget I have one every time I need one so I buy another). I’m still not sure how I’m going to use the hallway, but it looks and smells so much better already!
5. Took a break to thrift with CE. I found a cardigan at The Mission! Woo-hoo!
All I can say after this weekend is that