Lately I’ve been receiving comments from friends and family within a similar vein:
The blog has gone lame.
I’m afraid it’s true, so here’s my attempt to rejuvenate it.
Here’s what’s new:
1. There’s a new man. He’s from Dubuque. He’s received approval from the owner of Asian Gourmet, which is basically like receiving approval from my mom. He cooks wonderful food for me. I’ve been showing him the greatness of his hometown and he’s been helping me catch up on pop culture of the 80’s and 90’s. I lived through the era, but apparently I missed a lot because I’ve never seen The Goonies.
2. I’ve been trying to school my Hy-Vee cashiers on produce. Yes, I like unique veg and I will tell you all about it if you are unfamiliar with it. I’ve also been enjoying the bountiful Dubuque Farmer’s Market this year.
3. My IKEA cherry was recently popped. My new shelving, spice rack, and giant oven mitts are amazing. CE and I drove through what first appeared to be an Armageddon in order to get home.
4. The hallway to nowhere in my apartment is well on its way to becoming a functional pantry. There is still a lingering stench, but it’s getting better with every day. A special thank you to baking soda!
5. I’m in training for Run for the Troops on July 3. Proceeds go to local military families and the much-needed exercise will go toward reducing my paunch.
6. The green initiative continues at my residence. Vinegar, baking soda, castile soap, and my bike are the key players. Oh, and don’t forget the neti pot! I’ve been off my allergy meds for months now and I haven’t had any trouble with symptoms.